Search Here

Custom Search

Monday 21 October 2013

Giving handmade for Christmas 2013


Giving handmade is such a good feeling, isn't it?  Last year I was a bit slack (and time poor) and my Christmas gift giving was mainly bought goodies, but this year I want to try really hard and put together a few handmade gifts for Christmas.  Of course, handmade gifts don't suit everybody in the world (and that's okay) so they'll be a few nice books, food related items and experiences (movie tickets, etc..) on my list too.
I've made a good start with my niece's ripple blanket, but I do need to make one for my nephew too!  Oh and that delicious yarn above is going to be turned into a handmade gift too, for a relative.  But, I have a big job ahead of me working out what to organise for everybody else on my list.
Incase you're thinking of giving handmade too, here a few things that have caught me eye:
    A rice heat therapy bag
    Grandma's favourite knitted dishcloths
    Patchwork journal cover
    Fruity button embroidery napkins - love these & so simple!
    Purl Bee fabric balls - for little people.
    Felt flower satchels
    Crochet Home Sweet Home cushion
    My favourite pick - Rope coil baskets. Love!

I'm going to start a handmade gift list this month and perhaps a new board on Pinterest.  I'm also going to keep my eyes peeled over at Etsy, because sometimes it's nice to buy handmade too.

No comments:

Post a Comment